TERMS & CONDITIONS
We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively — we’ll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using Slice by AlphaValue after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
AlphaValue offers an independent equity research services on European companies (Euro zone, plus the UK, Switzerland and Scandinavian countries). As a French registered limited company, AlphaValue abides by the terms of Section L 544-1 of the Code Monétaire et Financier (French Monetary Code, the set of laws that govern financial services).
AlphaValue is regulated by the French Monetary Code which stipulates that our service is limited to Qualified Investors by the meaning of Article L 411-2 of the French Monetary Code. Specifically AlphaValue falls into the category of independent equity research provider as defined by French market authorities. AlphaValue hereby disclaims (to the extent permitted by applicable law or regulation) all duties or warranties pertaining to fitness for a particular purpose and its Services are not intended to be exclusively relied upon by users in relation to any investment decisions whatsoever. Additional appropriate and independent advice should be sought before taking any such decision.
AlphaValue Service is comprised of the provision of equity research analyses made available to all clients simultaneously.
Such analytical work is based on various sources regarded as reliable (for ex.: annual reports, various corporate publications, prices acquired from vendors etc.). AlphaValue explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the lack of accuracy, mistakes or faults of one of these sources
AlphaValue provides independent equity research advice. Its advice is formed in respect of professional norms and terms of Sections 327-1 and following of the General Regulatory Frame defined by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers.
AlphaValue is an independent equity research provider. Specifically it offers no order execution or routing services and provides no advisory service to corporates on the issuance of capital or M&A. In addition AlphaValue has no shareholding in any listed company.
AlphaValue’s Slice service can only be obtained via crowdfunding.
Individual users (“Registered Users”) are identified before the contract is signed. Your participation gives you the right to use the research with 5 members of your company. They cannot be made known to any third party without the express written consent of AlphaValue. AlphaValue agrees to change Registered Users on request from the Client.
The Client agrees that it is its responsibility to ensure that its Registered Users comply with the terms of this contract and acknowledges that it may be held responsible for their lack of compliance to these terms.
The Subscribers get the shared exclusivity on the research they funded for 12 months starting at the delivery of the research. AlphaValue will only make it available to them for those 12 months.
Research provided by AlphaValue is and remains its whole and exclusive property. In no circumstances are the Client or any Registered Users permitted to exploit the AlphaValue content for any other commercial purposes without the express prior permission of AlphaValue.
These terms set out the sole usage rights of the Client and its Registered Users and do not permit the distribution, dissemination, storage, archiving or any wider use of AlphaValue content.
The Client and the Registered Users agree that the Services and the AlphaValue content are for use by the Registered Users only and that neither the Services nor the AlphaValue content shall be disseminated to anyone who is not a Registered User included within the same organization.
These are the terms that apply when you’re backing a project:
- Until the minimum total funding is reached, you remain committed to the exact amount you pledged. You’ll provide your payment information when you pledge, but you won’t be charged.
- As soon as the project reaches its fundraising goal, you’ll be charged 50% of the exact amount pledged. Your payment will only be collected if, at the time of the project’s funding deadline, the project has reached its fundraising goal. 50% of the exact amount you pledged is the amount Slice by AlphaValue will collect at the beginning of the research process.
- You’re only charged the remaining 50% after completion of the research by AlphaValue and before the delivery of the results.
- If the campaign hasn’t reached its fundraising goal before the deadline:
- AlphaValue has the right to extend the deadline an additional 90 days. In that eventuality you’re still pledged for an additional 90 days.
- After those additional 90 days (or at the original deadline if AlphaValue chooses not to extend the funding period), you won’t be charged. No funds will be collected, and no money will change hands.
- The Delivery Date is AlphaValue’s estimate. It cannot be extended more than 15 days without cancellation of the project. In that case, AlphaValue will not charge you the remaining 50%.
To operate, we need to be able to maintain control over what happens on our website. So in this section, we reserve the right to make decisions to protect the health and integrity of our system. We don’t take these powers lightly, and we only use them when we absolutely have to.
Slice by AlphaValue reserves these rights:
- We have the right to cancel any pledge to any project, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any project at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to cancel your participation to a project in case you fail to pay the total due amount you pledged within 30 calendar days after the invoice. In that situation no refund will be given to you if you already paid a part of the amount.
Slice by AlphaValue is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
We’re located in Paris (France), and any disputes with us have to be handled in Paris under France state law.
We at Slice by AlphaValue encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France.
You agree that Slice by AlphaValue and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over Slice by AlphaValue or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than France.
You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your use or non-use of Slice by AlphaValue, shall be filed only in the courts located in Paris (France), and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.